[Insight-users] Question about watershed filter

Feng Ma mafeng at hotmail.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:53:48 -0500

Hi,

  I have been using watershed filter in ITK. It works great.

  I have a few questions about the label hierarchy with different values of
parameter level:

  1. Is there a way to exact the hierarchy table at different levels? i.e.,
a method to answer the following sample question: a voxel has region label
23 at level 0.2. What's its label value at level 0.4?

  2. From the manual, we can manipulate the level value below initial value
to get segmentation without triggering the full watershed pipeline. Is there
a limitation on step value how I change the level? For example, if I have
initial level value set as 0.4. I could go to level 0.3 without triggering
the full watershed pipeline. Could I go to 0.25 or even 0.245 and still have
different segmentation table?
In other words, is there an internal step value of parameter level to
control the building of segmentation hierachy table? Could we set this value
to control the resolution of segmentation hierachy table?

  Thanks a lot.

-Feng