[Insight-users] Question about watershed filter

Feng Ma mafeng at hotmail.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:27:42 -0500

Hi, Josh:

  Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I understand better how watershed
works. There is no step value of internal SegmentTree.

  In order to improve efficiency, as said in documents, it is important to
tune the threshold and max flood level values.

  One more question: What are the relative computation expense (roughly) of
the three steps: segment table generation, segment tree generation,
relabeling?  I understand the results will depend on threshold and maxlevel
values. Just want to get an idea.

  Thanks again.

  BTW, I remember I reported a possible memory leak problem in
itkWatershedSegmenter.txx in Sept, 2003. The fix Luis suggested did fix the
memory leak inside watershed. But in release 1.6, I didn't see the changes
included.

   http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2003-September/005048.html

  There are other memory leak related to resampleimagefilter we didn't
figure out why.

   http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2003-September/005069.html

-Feng