[Insight-users] DicomSeriesReadImageWrite program arguments

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:58:30 -0500

Hi Michael,

This example reads DICOM files from a directory,
create a volume with them and write the volume
to a file.

If you look at the code, you will find that the
expected arguments are:

1) Directory where your dicom files are
2) Filename of for the output volume
3) DICOM Series to select

Parameter (3) is needed because the directory (1) may
contain several different DICOM series.  If you don't
provide any string for argument (3), then the first
series available in the directory is taken by default.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE DIRECTORIES WITH SPACES  !

There are many places in which filename parsing is
done naively and spaces will be taken as string
terminators.

e.g.: "C:\Documents and Settings" is a particularly
*bad* place for putting your data.