[Insight-users] CVS update problem (very strange)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:48:24 -0500

Hi Bing,

You probably had a tagged checkout of ITK.

This happens when you checkout or update
using commands like

    cvs update -r ITK-1-6

or

    cvs update -D "10/5/2003"

In those cases you get a snapshot of the
repository corresponding to that date or tag.
In order to override the tag you can use the
CVS option "-A"

So, in general your update command should be

       cvs update -d -P -A

-d : creates new directories
-P : delete empty directories
-A : override sticky tags