[Insight-users] Unable to configure when ITK_SWIG_*=ON <- workaround

Jarek Sacha jarek at ieee.org
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:44:47 -0500

Jarek Sacha wrote:

> I am unable to configure (inside ccmake) while any of the ITK_SWIG_*
> is set to ON. I am getting error:
> 'Cannot find gcc_platform.cmake.'
> This the same whether ITK_SWIG_JAVA, ITK_SWIG_PYTHON, or ITK_SWIG_TCL
> is on. If I set all to off, configuration goes fine.
>
> This is with todays CVS version of Insight and CableSwig (under
> Utilities) on Linux Fedora 1 and cmake 1.8.3. CMakeCache.txt is attached.
>
> Is there any specific setup to do the wrapping right? In particular,
> Java wrapping?

The problem is that some cvs client (filed bug report with supplier) do
not correctly set executable permissions on scripts, simmilar happens
when zompressing archives created on other operation systems. CabelSwig
relies on some scripts for configuration, e.g.,
CableSwig/GCC/config.guess. If those scripts do not have executable
flags set on Linux, ccmake fails with a critic message 'Cannot find
gcc_platform.cmake.'.

A workaround is to force executable flags, for instance, using 'chmod -R
a+x *' in the top CableSwig source directory (after updating from CVS).

There used to be similar issue with early version of ITK/VXL configuration.

Jarek