[Insight-users] DICOM to PIC converter?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:21:53 -0500

Hi Marc,

With ITK you can read a volume from its set of 2D DICOM
slices files and save it in any of the formats described
in the FAQ entry:

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/InsightFAQ/InsightFAQ?req=show&file=faq01.007.htp

The .PIC format is not supported yet in ITK. I'm assuming
that you are talking about the Bio-Rad(TM) .PIC file format...
is that right ?

Easy options at this point for saving your 3D
image as a single file are:

   - Analyze
   - VTK
   - MetaImage
   - GIPL
   - IPL

For examples on how to Read/Write images in ITK,
please take a look at the directory:

       Insight/Examples/IO

An to the SoftwareGuide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Chapter 7, pdf-page 219.

If somebody wants to contribute code for a .PIC
writer we will be happy to add it to the toolkit.
You are welcom to enter this issue as a "feature
request" in the bug tracker:

      http://www.itk.org/Bug/

(anybody can open an account on the bug tracker
  an enter bug reports)

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

    Luis