[Insight-users] more on DICOM converters...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:12:28 -0500

Hi Marc,

The example you need is in

  Insight/Examples/IO
              DicomSeriesReadImageWrite.cxx

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/Insight/Examples/IO/DicomSeriesReadImageWrite.cxx?cvsroot=Insight

This file will produce a command line utility
that reads DICOM files from a directory and
save them in anoter format (as a single 3D
image file).

The command line arguments are

      inputDicomDirectory  outputFile   [series]

"inputDicomDirectory" is the directory where
your DICOM slices are. "outputFile" is the name
of the file where you want to save the image. The
fileformat is selected based on the extension:

       MetaImage  =  .mhd
       Analyze    =  .hdr
       GIPL       =  .gipl
       VTK        =  .vtk
       and so on...

The series string is optional. If you don't
provide it, the program will take the first
series it finds.

In any case, the program prints out the string
identifiers of all the series it finds in the
directory.

Enjoy ITK !

    Luis