[Insight-users] Error in the compilation : CVS and sticky tags

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:01:54 -0500

Hi Rodrigo,

If you don't get any modified file when you
CVS update the source tree of ITK, chances
are that you have a checkout with sticky
tags.

That means that at some point in the past you
checked out ITK using a release number or a
specific date.

Something like:

        cvs update -r Release-1-4

or like:

        cvs update -D "July 10 2003"

In order to remove the sticky tags you must
use the CVS update option -A.  Typically the
command for update should be something like

           cvs update -dPA

-d  Will create in your checkout any new
     directories that have been created in
     the repository since your last update.

-A  remove the sticky tags (like release
     and date tags)

-P  Will delete any empty directories.
     (directories that became empty as
     the result of doing 'cvs remove' in
     all their files).

Please try this CVS command in the "Insight"
source tree. You should see lot of updated
files this time.

Once you get the updated files, reconfigure
ITK with CMake, rebuild ITK, and then rebuild
InsightApplications.