[Insight-users] Re: VersorRigid3DTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:34:55 -0500

Hi Radhika,

A) This message means that you transform is so far
    off that the images are not overlapping anymore.

    This usually happens when you use an optimization
    step that is too large and make the transform diverge.

B) If the images are of the same modality and about the
    same histogram you should be ok using the MeanSquares
    ImageMetric. However... the metric value shouldn't
    be that high. It is

C) You can verify the origin and spacing by printing out

    std::cout << fixedImage->GetSpacing() << std::endl;
    std::cout << fixedImage->GetOrigin()  << std::endl;

    or by printing all the image information with

    fixedImage->Print( std::cout );

D) ok, The initialization should be fine.

E) In MyPACS you have the option of posting "shared" (public)
    cases as well as "private" cases. The private level is
    supposed to be as secure as any other PACS system.

F) You can try the equivalent registration algorithm
    with the free version of VolView
    http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html
    Just load one image, then go to the View->Filters
    menu and select

     "Registration" ---> "Image Registration (ITK)"

    then in the button "Second input" browse for the
    second image (the moving image).

G) Please post the tracing messages that are printed out
    when the example runs (the sequence that displays the
    values of the metric and the values of the parameters
    for each iteration).