[Insight-users] ShapePriorMAPCostFunction and GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter

Lucas Lorenzo lucas at cvrti.utah.edu
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:31:02 -0700

--Apple-Mail-2-872982097
	delsp=yes;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed

Hi all,

I'm using ShapePriorMAPCostFunction and
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter based on the test
ITK/Testing/Code/Algorithms/
itkGeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilterTest_2.cxx
So, I have three questions:

1) when using ShapePriorMAPCostFunction what do SetShapeParameterMeans
and SetShapeParameterStandardDeviations represent. In my case I'm
working with 5 principal components so my understanding is that each of
the arrays passed to both of these methods will be of length 5, but I
can't understand where should I get these values from.

2) In the test file mentioned before an object (called filter) of class
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter is defined. At a
certain point an array (called parameters) of type ParametersType is
defined and then the following member function is called

	filter->SetInitialParameters( parameters );

I couldn't find the SetInitialParameters member function within the
list of all members of
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter. So my doubt is what
should be loaded into parameters ?

3) Finally, the following is done:

	  // Set up a translation transform
   	//
   	typedef itk::TranslationTransform<double,ImageDimension>
TransformType;
   	TransformType::Pointer transform = TransformType::New();

and then the transform is passed to the object shape of class
PCAShapeSignedDistanceFunction

   shape->SetTransform( transform );

What is this transform used for ?

Sorry for asking all these questions. I feel that most of them have
more to do with the algorithm being implemented rather than ITK itself
but when reading the reference paper many of these details are missing.
Cheers,

Lucas Lorenzo

University of Utah
Nora Eccles Harrison CardioVascular Research and Training Institute
Fellows Room
95 South 2000 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-5000

e-mail:  lucas at cvrti.utah.edu