[Insight-users] DICOM?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:44:31 -0500

Hi Marc,

Please look at
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-January/006200.html

The pixel type used for writing images on file
is the one used for declaring the ImageFileWriter
class.

If you know that your DICOM images are using 16bits,
you must make sure that you declare images with pixel
type = "unsigned short" or "signed short".

If the images are CT scans in hounsfield units you probably
need to use "signed short" as pixel type.

Make sure that you use a 16 bit types both for reading
the DICOM files and for writing the VTK files.