[Insight-users] Problem compiling on Windows

Robb Brown brownr at ucalgary.ca
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:13:58 -0700

I haven't turned on CableSwig yet... still just trying to compile ITK
with shared libraries.

ITK source path and ITK binary path have no spaces:

c:\ITK\InsightToolkit-1.4.0\
and c:\ITK\ITKb

I don't suppose it objects to the periods in the source path?  That's
the way it unzips.

I didn't manually set any of the cmake parameters but I did have a look
and they all look reasonable.  It's disturbing to have unix style paths
in some places and Windows style in others though it seems to work
okay.

Again, ITK compiles fine with static libraries, but fails to compile
when shared libraries are turned on.  CableSwig, Python and Tk
shouldn't be involved at this point.  Cygwin is not installed.

I'm used to fighting with ITK to get it to compile on the mac -- nice
to see it's come far enough so it compiles with a minimum of fuss.
 From here it looks like the Windows side has some catching up to do.

On Jan 12, 2004, at 1:37 PM, Hari Sundar wrote:

> Hi Robb,
>
> The ITK wrappings do compile and work under Windows. Are you sure that
> all the paths are without any spaces ? You'll have to make sure the
> following paths are without spaces.
>
> 1) where the gccxml_cc1plus.exe is ... the CableSwig binaries
> directory ...
> 2) where the  ITK source files are ...
> 3) the ITK build directory ....
>
> If you are still getting errors, try to make sure that all the
> parameters within cmake are set correctly. One thing that is possible
> is that you have different versions of python/tcl on your system ...
> (windows native and from cygwin) and the library  files and the
> exectuable are from different version. CMake will not complain for
> this but the compile will fail.
>
> -Hari
>
> Robb Brown wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the advice RE spaces... static libraries compile now, but
>> the shared libraries (and Python wrapping) does not.  Same type of
>> error.  Is this is a problem that's fixed in more recent version of
>> VC++ or do the ITK wrappings not compile on Windows yet?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Robb
>>

>> On Jan 9, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Hari Sundar wrote:
>>
>>> Robb,
>>>
>>> I had the same problem a few weeks ago and it turned out (thanks to
>>> Luis) that
>>> this happens because of spaces in the path. In your case "Documents
>>> and
>>> Settings". Change the install directory and the problem should get