[Insight-users] Comparing images only with same size + tolerance?

Reinhold Füreder R.Fureder at exeter.ac.uk
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:39:14 +0100

Dear Luis et al,

In
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2003-June/004034.html
Luis pointed out that there are 2 filters to compare 2 images, namely
the DifferenceImageFilter and the SquaredDifferenceImageFilter. In order
to perform a basic regression testing I therefore use, as suggested, the
DifferenceImageFilter, as it returns some similarity metrics.

And here is my problem: the 2 images to compare may have very different
sizes, while the structure described by pixel values != 0, should be
similar. Is the assumption right, that the DifferenceImageFilter only
deals with equally sized images plus the optional tolerance configured
by SetToleranceRadius?

Thus, I can not apply this filter but have to carry out a slow
pixel-index based comparison of the greatest common region between the 2
images?

Thanks,
	Reinhold

Reinhold Füreder