[Insight-users] Re: Compositing

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:12:23 -0500

Hi Srivalli,

Here are four possible options:

A)  If you are using VTK for visualization
     simply use the m_vtkImageBlender filter

B)  Use and image Adaptor in order to create
     an RGB image from the two input images.
     In the pixel accessor you define how to
     balance the weight of each image.  Examples
     on the use of ImageAdaptors are available
     in the software guide.

C)  You can create a Blending filter deriving from
     the BinaryFunctorImageFilter, and defining the
     blending functor of your preference.

     Take the AddImageFilter as example...

     and, again, you may want to make the output to
     be a RGB image.

D) Use the itkJointImageFilter that will compose
    a vector image using two input images.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1PasteImageFilter.html