[Insight-users] export itk image to local buffer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:21:33 -0500

Hi Silvano,

There are several different ways of exporting data
from ITK images into other software systems.

Please look at the tutorial sessions:

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular to

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-V.pdf

This last one describes the options for integrating
ITK with existing software.  Multiple options are
presented on how to move image data between your
application and ITK filters.

"Buffer Mummification" is probably the best option
for your case. A loop with image iterators will be
too slow (unless you actually want to do some casting
on the way).