[Insight-users] Need help with orientation of images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:10:22 -0500

Hi Sandhya,

That sounds like a visualization problem rather
than an image processing one.

If you want to modify the orientation of the data
can use the FlipImageFilter.

There is an example in

   Insight/Examples/Filtering/
                      FlipImageFilter.cxx

But.. this is *very* dangerous ! Note that 2% of the
(reported) medical errors in the US are "wrong side"
surgery. (e.g. operating on the left side instead of the
right side.). Note that fliping the top-bottom of a
dataset *also* flips the interpretation of left-right
in the patient. Using the FlipImageFilter is an dangerous
oportunity to increase this 2%.

What are you using for displying the image ?