[Insight-users] Suggestions for the best Data Structure

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:27:51 -0500

Hi Arash,

It seems redundant to have the coordinates
for all the pixels represented explicitly.

If you have a 2D to 3D transformation allowing
to compute (x,y,z) from (u,v) values, you could
avoid taking all the memory for storing such
information on a pixel by pixel basis.

You probably can represent this as a type

     itk::Image< itkRGBPixel<char>, 2 >

and an ITK transform.

----

Unless your image is composed of scattered
pixels, or its mapping in space is given
by a deformation fields, it is probably not
worth to represent this data in the form
of a Mesh.

----