[Insight-users] Suggestions for the best Data Structure

Arash Jahangir arash at vije.ca
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:03:21 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C3E5C0.A2078830

Hi Luis,
The Image is the output of stereo image disparity analysis.  So I don't
really have a functional transformation of the (u,v) into (x,y,z) but =
rather
a look up table.  Nor do all the points lie on the same plane or =
otherwise
can be easily categorized just based on their (u,v) coordinates.  After =
the
image/object is loaded in, I will be deleting the unwanted parts and
intelligently reduce the number of cells/pixels (I'd say I'll be =
decimating
the object, except that my algorithms are rather quite different from
standard decimation).  Eventually the data will be transformed to =
connect
with VTK for visualization.  But before I do that, I will need methods =
query the cells based on their angles, derivatives (both spatial and
intensity values), etc so that I can reduce the point count properly.

BTW, I will be dealing only with Surface values for now so I am curious =
if I
should be looking at SurfaceSpatialObjects.  It just seems to me there =
are
too many options open to me and I can't tell which is the best one.  Can =
you
tell me what is the motivation behind Spatial Objects and what they are =
best
used for.

all help is appreciated,
Arash

PS  I tried to reply to your post but I got:

  Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.

  The return address was '<arash at vije.ca>'

What gives?!

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C3E5C0.A2078830

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Hi Luis,<BR>The=20
Image is the output of stereo image disparity analysis.&nbsp; So I=20
don't<BR>really have a functional transformation of the (u,v) into =
(x,y,z) but=20
rather<BR>a look up table.&nbsp; Nor do all the points lie on the same =
plane or=20
otherwise<BR>can be easily categorized just based on their (u,v)=20
coordinates.&nbsp; After the<BR>image/object is loaded in, I will be =
deleting=20
the unwanted parts and<BR>intelligently reduce the number of =
cells/pixels (I'd=20
say I'll be decimating<BR>the object, except that my algorithms are =
rather quite=20
different from<BR>standard decimation).&nbsp; Eventually the data will =
be=20
transformed to connect<BR>with VTK for visualization.&nbsp; But before I =
do=20
that, I will need methods to<BR>query the cells based on their angles,=20
derivatives (both spatial and<BR>intensity values), etc so that I can =
reduce the=20
point count properly.<BR><BR>BTW, I will be dealing only with Surface =
values for=20
now so I am curious if I<BR>should be looking at =
SurfaceSpatialObjects.&nbsp; It=20
just seems to me there are<BR>too many options open to me and I can't =
tell which=20
is the best one.&nbsp; Can you<BR>tell me what is the motivation behind =
Spatial=20
Objects and what they are best<BR>used for.<BR><BR>all help is=20
appreciated,<BR>Arash</FONT><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PS&nbsp; I tried to reply to your post =
but I=20
got:</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>This Message=20
  was undeliverable due to the following reason:<BR><BR>Your message was =
not=20
  delivered because the return address was refused.<BR><BR>The return =
address=20
  was '&lt;</FONT><A href=3D"mailto:arash at vije.ca>'"><FONT face=3D"Times =
New Roman"=20
  size=3D3>arash at vije.ca&gt;'</FONT></A></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman"=20
  size=3D3></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>What gives?!</FONT>
<DIV dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: =
0px"><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C3E5C0.A2078830--