[Insight-users] how can I get the deformation field in DeformableRegistration2

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jun 8 22:35:00 EDT 2004

Hi Wavelethe,

The fileformat for the deformation field must be one
capable of representing vector images.

        PNG does not have this capability.

Please use the file formats VTK or METAIMAGE in order
to save the deformation field.

The command will be like:

DeformableRegistration2 fixed.mha moving.mha result.mhd field.mhd

You will then be able to visualize the deformation field with
ParaView, that can downloaded for free from:

                http://www.paraview.org

Both .vtk and .mhd images can be read directly into ParaView.

In this application it is quite easy to overlay the deformation
field to the scalar images.