[Insight-users] Installation on Mac OSX

Geoff Chang geoff_chang at ncsu.edu
Mon Jun 14 15:55:25 EDT 2004

Dear ITK Developers,

I successfully installed and used ITK on Windows and Unix/Linux machines,
however, I encountered problems on Mac OSX.
The library was compiled and built, except some warnings.
But when I tried to compile the "HelloWorld" project in the Examples
section, the following error message occurred.

user1$ make
Building executable /Users/user1/HelloWorld/HelloWorld...
/usr/bin/ld: warning empty table of contents:
/Users/user1/InsightBin/bin/libitkvnl_inst.a (can't load from it)
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
___tiCQ23itk10DataObject
make[1]: *** [/Users/user1/HelloWorld/HelloWorld] Error 1
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

The empty table of contents message is the same as what showed up during the
compilation of the ITK library.
I downloaded the ITK source from cvs, and used the CMake for Darwin version.

Thanks for you help,

Geoff