[Insight-users] 3D registration using own volume data format

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jun 18 10:30:07 EDT 2004

Hi Michael,

The best way to do it is to write a MetaImage
header for your file and then pass this MetaImage
header as the filenameto the readers.

Please look at the "Data" link of www.itk.org
in order to find instructions on how to write
a MetaImage header file.

      http://www.itk.org/HTML/Data.htm

If your format is a single file with meta data at
the beginning and binary data at the end, you can
tell the MetaImage header to skip your header.

A convenient way of creating MetaImage headers
is to use the MetaImageImporter application that
you will find in

   InsightApplications/MetaImageImporter