[Insight-users]Using FEM for Fluid Dynamics

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jun 25 00:21:14 EDT 2004

Hi Nacho,

The FEM framework in ITK is generic in purpose.
You could in principle use it for performing
fluid dynamics computations.

Note that still you may have to write a significant
amount of code. For example, for introducing your
physical models into the force computation.

You may want to look at the files in

       Insight/Testing/Code/Numerics/FEM

in order to get an idea of the functionalities
available in this package.