[Insight-users] Java troubles

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek at crd.ge.com
Fri Jun 25 08:04:36 EDT 2004

Hi all,

  I've been wanting to use ITK inside Java for various reasons.  I did a
fresh checkout yesterday, and built with Java wrapping on.  I compiled the
cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.java class and ran.  The program promptly
seg-faulted inside the JNI wrappers (see log below).  I'm running RedHat
8.0, GCC 3.2 and Java 1.4.1_02.

  This bug was reported as #893
(http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=893&pos=8), has anyone made
any progress, or could give me some direction?

Thanks,
-dan

{practical:Java}1106:javac -classpath InsightToolkit.jar
cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.java
{practical:Java}1108:java -classpath InsightToolkit.jar:.
cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x835CBA3
Function=[Unknown.]
Library=(N/A)

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
        at
InsightToolkit.itkImageFileWriter_2DJNI.itkImageFileWriterUS2_Pointer_Update
(Native Method)
        at
InsightToolkit.itkImageFileWriterUS2_Pointer.Update(itkImageFileWriterUS2_Po
inter.java:119)
        at
cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.main(cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.java:22)

--
Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.
blezek at crd.ge.com
Visualization and Computer Vision Lab, Imaging Technologies
GE Corporate Research & Development