[Insight-users] MSVC Error in compiling the FLTK example program

paulus joo paulusjoo at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 25 08:24:44 EDT 2004

Hi luis and ITK Users

Many thanks for the help you give.

I start to use FLTK (windows) and I tried the program example as mentioned in the ITK tutorial Getting Started IV. I make Cmakelist.txt, myProject.cxx and make myProjectGUI.fl with fluid. Project file generation using CMake was succeed. In the compilation stage, there were no error in compiling myproject.cxx, myprojectGUI.cxx but it stoped in the lingking stage. There were 90 error that almost the same, such as:
Creating library Debug/myProject.lib and object Debug/myProject.exp
itkIO.lib(itkDICOMImageIO2.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall DICOMAppHelper::DICOMAppHelper(void)" (??0DICOMAppHelper@@QAE at XZ)
itkIO.lib(itkDICOMImageIO2.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall DICOMParser::DICOMParser(void)" (??0DICOMParser@@QAE at XZ)
Would you mind to show me what should I do?
I am sorry this error maybe caused by the wrong setting in my MSVC++, and I am really don't know how to fix it.
I use fltk and fluid 1.1.4.

Many thanks in advance.

// ------CMakelist.txt ---
PROJECT(myProjectGUI)

# first we have to find VTK
FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
IF(ITK_FOUND)
  INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

# then FLTK
FIND_PACKAGE(FLTK)
IF(FLTK_FOUND)
  INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR})
ENDIF(FLTK_FOUND)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(myProject myProject.cxx)
IF(FLTK_FOUND)
  FLTK_WRAP_UI(myProject myProjectGUI.fl)
ENDIF(FLTK_FOUND)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(myProject itkIO itkBasicFilters itkCommon itkNumerics fltkd fltkgld fltkimagesd fltkformsd ${FLTK_LIBRARIES})