[Insight-users] Demons registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:35:23 -0400

Hi Jesse,

This is unrelated to DemonsRegistration. It has to do
with the idiosyncrasy of the MetaImage file format.

The MetaImage format supports two ways of saving files:

A) You can save the text header followed by the binary
    pixel data in a *single* file.

B) You can save the text header in one file, and the
    binary pixel data in a *second* file.

Method (A) is used when you specify an extension ".mha"
Method (B) is used when you specify an extension ".mhd"

In the (A) case you end up with a single file with
extension .mha

In the (B) case you end up with two files, one with
extension .mhd (the text header), and the other with
extension .raw (the binary pixel data).

So, if you want case (B), just provide a filename with
extension ".mhd".