[SPAM:#] [Insight-users] Question about edge extraction

Zachary Pincus zpincus@stanford.edu
Tue May 4 08:44:00 EDT 2004

The Canny edge detection filter may prove useful here. (I suggest=20
looking over the myriad references about Canny edge detection on the=20
web, such as: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/HIPR2/canny.htm -- the=20=

entire tutorial at this site is good.) A zero crossing filter may also=20=

be good (tutorial also at the above site).

A canny filter (and to a lesser extent the zero crossing filter) is=20
nice because the edges are constrained to be one pixel wide, and can=20
extend through regions of low signal.

Zach