[Insight-users] Using itkDiscreteGaussianImageFilter while wr iting multiple outputs

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Fri May 7 20:38:56 EDT 2004

Typically what we do is

typedef itk::ImageFileWriter<ImageType> WriterType;
WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();

gausian->SetVariance( var1 );
WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
writer->SetInput(gaussian->GetOutput());
writer->SetFilename( std::string( fileprefix
)+std::string("var1")+std::string(".mhd") );
writer->Update();

gaussian->SetVariance( var2 );
WriterType::Pointer writer2 = WriterType::New();
writer2->SetInput(gaussian->GetOutput());
writer2->SetFilename( std::string( fileprefix
)+std::string("var2")+std::string(".mhd") );
writer2->Update();

Note that normally, we do not bother creating an ImageIO object for the
particular
format we want to use. In many cases, you can rely on the factory mechanism
instantiate the proper ImageIO object required to write a file with a
particular
extension.