[Insight-users] multi-modality with FEM or with Demons ? : BSplineTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu May 13 05:04:19 EDT 2004

Hi Hari,

A)  Then only change that you have to make in

     Insight/Examples/Registration
            DeformableRegistration4.cxx

     in order to make it run in 3D, is to change
     line 125 from

     const    unsigned int    ImageDimension = 2;

     const    unsigned int    ImageDimension = 3;

B)  What makes you suspect that there
     is no Z component in your results ?

C)  Did you let it run until convergence ?
     a couple of iteration certainly will not
     be enough for solving the displacements.

     It takes hundreds of iterations to solve
     a simple ridig body registration problem.

     You will need more than that in order to
     solve for a parametric space with a high
     dimension as is the case of the BSpline
     transform.

If you really plan to do this in 3D, you must
consider using Multi-Resolution.