[Insight-users] Optical flow visualization

Ivan Macia imacia@vicomtech.es
Thu May 20 14:40:43 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Regarding the visualization of vector fields I would also like to visualize
the GAC vector field using vtk glyphs and incorporate this into my
application. From what I understand I would need to export my vectorial
image to vtk but I have seen that the itkVTKImageExport currently doesn't
support exporting vectorial images.
So I see two ways of achieving this right now without using an intermediate
file :

a) Extract every component, exporting every resulting scalar image from itk
to vtk and then join the components again in vtk.
b) Modify the classes so a vectorial image can be exported. I have had a
first look at the classes and seems that the limitation comes from the
itk::VTKImageExport class but i'm not very sure if vtkImageImport class
(from vtk libs) should be adapted too. Does this imply a big difficulty? If
not maybe I could give it a try, otherwise I would choose a) if it is
feasible.

Thanks in advance

Ivan