[Insight-users] Python wrapping on mac?

Zachary Pincus zpincus@stanford.edu
Thu May 20 17:57:16 EDT 2004

So, I know I've asked this before, but now I'm wondering if anything
has changed:

Should python wrapping on macs work properly now? (For a while there
were some problems between apple's linker and the enormous libraries
generated by the wrapping process.)

I recently tried to build the wrappers (following Luis's "perestroika"
procedure just to be sure) on a new machine. Everything built fine, but
when I tried to import the InsightToolkit from python, there was a bus
error.

Is this just me? With additional work should I be able to get this to
work? Or are there still fundamental problems with python wrapping on
macs?

Thanks a lot,
Zach

PS. I was using OS X 10.3.3, with gcc 3.3 and the "c++" compiler.