[Insight-users] segmenting root canal

Felix Schwenk felix.schwenk at nme.at
Fri May 28 10:38:20 EDT 2004

Hi all,
i've got a problem i can't find a good solution for.
my volume contains a tooth. it is no problem for me segmenting this
tooth, but  segmenting the root canal. it's because at the bottom the
canal splits up into 3 different
canals and these canals are open on the botton. so the pixelvalue
in the canal is the same as outside, because the root canal is empty.
if i would use a connectedthreshold it therefor wouldn't stop at the end
of the canal but
go on to the outside. the easiest way would be to close the canal at the
bottom by hand.
but i condsider this a bit fuzzy, as closing by a human could lead to
different results each time. has anyone a better idea. (or even
understood what i tried to explain :) )

regards,
felix.