[Insight-users] Speed increase in registration methods

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 10:08:45 EST 2004

Hi,

I was looking to speed up some of the registrations methods I'm using
from ITK. I came across these threads in the mailing list:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2002-May/000448.html

in which Mr. Hannu says he received a 7 fold speed increase in the
mutual information registration method by replacing itk::Array 's with
itk::FixedArray 's.

I was just wondering if the later releases of ITK have incorporated
this discovery(this thread is from 2002), and if it is possible to
implement this substitution in other registration methods?