[Insight-users] [Patch] GLSliceView: display clicked points

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Oct 4 07:20:16 EDT 2004

Hi Yu,

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 05:41:32PM +0800, Yu Long wrote:

>     This patch is very useful to me, but I am not clear about how to use
> the ".diff" file .

> Shall I chang the GLSliceView.h by hand or by some CVS command?

Since Julien has just added the patch to CVS, you could just do a CVS update
(but note that this may update other files).  To update just these files
from CVS, specify GLSliceView.h and SliceView.h to the CVS update command.

  % cvs update GLSliceView.h SliceView.h

The way you use the diff file is with the 'patch' command.  You apply the
diff to your files like this:

  % cd ~/src/InsightApplications/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer
  % patch -p1 ~/Downloads/glsliveview.diff

The '-p1' option tells patch to strip off the leading pathname (as patches
typically have a relative path prefix in the full filespec).

Alternatively, some IDEs and editors (such as Emacs) can automagically
understand and apply diffs/patches.

Hope it is useful - let me know if you have any problems.

Regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne