[Insight-users] Accumulate a dimension

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Oct 4 07:31:55 EDT 2004

Hello Emiliano,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 06:18:07PM -0300, Emiliano Beronich wrote:

> I have a 4D-image and I need to accumulate the 4-dimension to convert it
> to a 3D image. Something like this is accomplished by
> vtkShrinkImageFilter but I would like to do it inside ITK.
> Do you know how can I do it?

There is an ITK equivalent, namely itk::ShrinkImageFilter, described here:

    http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ShrinkImageFilter.html

You may also be interested in the itk::ExtractImageFilter, which lets you
simply collapse dimensions as well as extract regions of interest:

    http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ExtractImageFilter.html

There is also the related itk::CropImageFilter:

    http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1CropImageFilter.html

Between all these, you should be able to do almost whatever you need.

Regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne