[Insight-users] Help in Computer Vision

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Oct 6 23:08:18 EDT 2004

Hi Harish,

Since the image that you are dealing with is a small
binary image, you can probably apply masks in order
to detect the corners.  You could reduce the corner
cases to just four, and build an operator that check
for the presence of any of the four cases in the 3x3
neighborhood of a pixel.

One way of doing this with ITK is to use the neighborhood
iterators. Please read the Chapter on Image Iterators
from the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular, you should look a the description of
neighborhood iterators at the end of the Chapter. Note
that the source code of all the examples presented in
the software guide is available in the directory:

           Insight/Examples/

You will find algorithms for Hough transforms in ITK,
both for Lines and Circles. Please look at the Doxygen
documentation page

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classes.html

In particular to
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1HoughTransform2DCirclesImageFilter.html