[Insight-users] Gradient Vecotr Flow Snake in itk

xujf xujf at sjtu.edu.cn
Thu Oct 14 08:34:51 EDT 2004

hello, Luis:

     In the examples you descriped, I only find the tranformation from itkSimplexMesh to vtkPolyData
and the transformation from itkMesh to vtkUnstructedGrid. the method that transforms itkMesh to vtkPolyData is not found.  Is there any method that transforms itkMesh to vtkPolyData?

     I just tried to translate my semgmentation result which is itkMesh to vtkUnStructedGrid (according the example InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk/vtk2itk.cxx),then I  visulize the result. however the result is very bad, and the surface of the result is not smooth.

    my ultimate aim is to realize tranditional snake or GVF snake. I wonder whether ITK provider such
classes to realize it?

Best Regards!
xujf