[Insight-users] How to reconstruct 3D Grid from segmented slice binary image.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Oct 15 12:17:54 EDT 2004

Hi Sunny,

By 3D Grid, do you mean the Triangulated Surface on
the edges of your slices ?

If so, what you can do is to convert your binary
volume in to a vtkImageData, and then  use the
vtkContour filter.

For converting an ITK image int vtkImageData you
may want to use the filters in

  InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk
                 itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h
                 itkImageToVTKImageFilter.txx
                 itkVTKImageToImageFilter.h
                 itkVTKImageToImageFilter.txx

You may also find interesting to look in the same
directory at the examples

         itkReadITKImageShowVTK.cxx
         itkReadITKImageSegmentShowVTK.cxx

The first examples read an ITK image and displays it with VTK.
The second example, reads an ITK image, segements it, use vtkContour
for extracting the border and then displays the whoel with VTK.

\