[Insight-users] Re: problems in Deformable 6

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 17 12:26:19 EDT 2004

Hi Dalal,

Dr. Lydia Ng, tracked this problem down and found that it is related
to the vnl_lbfgs optimizer not behaving properly when it is initialized
too close to the optimial value, more precisely, when it cannot produce
smaller values than the one obtained in the first iteration.

Lydia configured a new exmple by replacing the vnl_lbgfs optimizer with
the itkLBFGSBOptimizer. This new example has been commited as

    Insight/Examples/Registration/DeformableRegistration7.cxx

You will have to update your CVS checkout in order to get this new
example.

Please give it a try and let us know if you have further questions,