[Insight-users] Re: Pls Help Me.. : How to start with ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Oct 19 10:04:40 EDT 2004

Hi Venu,

Welcome to ITK,

Please follow the instructions in the welcoming package

   http://www.itk.org/HTML/Welcome.htm

Make sure that you read the tutorials

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular the "Getting Started I" session.

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/index.htm

   All your questions are answered there.

Note that CMake *IS NOT* a compiler. CMake is a
multi-platform configuration tool. You still need
a compiler, but... all this will be clear for you
once you read the tutorials.

You must also read at least the first chapter of the
ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

  Enjoy ITK !

      Luis