[Insight-users] ssh tunnel access to cvs repositories

Bill Lorensen wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Oct 21 19:50:18 EDT 2004

Vince,
Here's how to use ssh tunneling to get to the cvs repository.

This assumes you have an ssh account on somesite.com and your name is
your_name. This works great through our firewall that allows ssh outbound.

In a window:
ssh -l your_name -L 2401:www.itk.org:2401 somesite.com

In another window:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight login