[Insight-users] Obtaining a list of Cell IDs from a point ID

Ferdinando Rodriguez y Baena ferdinando.rodriguez at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 07:53:29 EDT 2004

Hi there,

In the itkMesh type, is there any way I can sort cell information according to a point ID? In other words, I know that each cell contains pointers to a number of points in the mesh (i.e.  list of point IDs). However, as I am implementing a mesh closest point search,  I also need to get a list of cells connected to a specific point. I use a KD tree search of the points to find the closest vertex in the mesh, but then I need cell information related to that vertex to search the surrounding facets.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ferdinando