[Insight-users] level set segmentation

Pouletaut philippe.pouletaut at utc.fr
Mon Oct 25 11:35:54 EDT 2004

I would like to use the level set filter "itkShapeDetectionLevelSetImageFilter".
The example explicited in the ITK1.6 software guide (page 345) works well.

But I want to change the level set input in a loop :
1) I copy the output in an array LSmap :
  ConstIteratorType inputIt(   shapeDetection->GetOutput(), region  );

  for ( inputIt.GoToBegin(), itMap = distanceMap; !inputIt.IsAtEnd();
       ++inputIt)    {
		   *itMap++ = inputIt.Get();
  }

2) I export the LSmap :
  const bool importImageFilterWillOwnTheBuffer = true;
  importFilter->SetImportPointer( distanceMap, numberOfPixels,
  importImageFilterWillOwnTheBuffer );

3) I reintroduce the input :
  shapeDetection->SetInput( importFilter->GetOutput() );

It seems that we can't reinitialize the input.
When I visualize the different outputs, I obtain the same image output.

Can I do the job ?
Must I combine with the use of the ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter <http://www.itk.org/Doxygen16/html/classitk_1_1ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter.html> and how (I didn't find examples of use) ?

Many thanks for your attention.

Philippe