[Insight-users] Geospatial registration

Garrett Potts potts at cfl.rr.com
Tue Oct 26 10:58:36 EDT 2004

Hello All:

First,  congratulations on building a NICE open  source Registration
library.

I have a question and I am not completely sure how to word it without
being long winded.  So I'll keep it short.

I have been working on an Open source Geospatial package called OSSIM
that performs mosaicing, tonal balancing, elev pseudo shading ... etc.
The only part missing is registration.  I am currently trying to adapt
some of your registration classes.  We use a similar chain based image
processing approach and we have a generic sensor adjustment interface
which uses an adjustable parameter concept much like what you have.

I have adapted our image processing chain by using your import image
filter that takes a raw buffer and adapts it into your processing
chain.   Our transformation parameters are normalized between -1 and 1
and act as multipliers on the sensor's adjustable sigma values.  I have
adapted the Transform to use our image to view transformation mechanism
and map the parameters you send to our internal parameters.   What I am
now trying to do is not let the Registration code do its own
transformation but instead set the floating image manually after each
parameter adjustment then let it do the image comparison to the fixed
image.  Is there a way to override the current registration's internal
resampling of the pixels?  If so this will allow me to adapt the output
of my resampling process and feed it directly to the registration
engine on every parameter adjustment.

Thank you in advance for any help

Take care

Garrett Potts