[Insight-users] OtsuThresholdImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Oct 27 18:40:30 EDT 2004

Hi Radhika,

In the Doxygen documentation, there are entries for the three classes

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1OtsuThresholdImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1OtsuMultipleThresholdsCalculator.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1OtsuThresholdImageCalculator.html

The classes

        OtsuMultipleThresholdsCalculator
        OtsuThresholdImageFilter

are relatively new,

the first one dates from March, (contributed by Luca Antiga)
the second dates from July

OtsuMultipleThresholds allows you to compute thresholds from
gray scale statistical distributlis that are multimodal, while
the original OtsuThreshold calculator was intended for Bimodal
distributions.

The OtsuThresholdImageFilter it a thresholding filter that
internally computes the threshold for you image by using
an OtsuThresholdCalculator.

   Please let us know if you have further questions,