[Insight-users] ItkMFC does not display a image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Oct 28 10:55:19 EDT 2004

Hi Pan,

The reason why this application doesn't display
an image is that.... it is not supposed to do so   :-)

This app is just an skeleton illustrating how to put
together ITK and MFC.  If you want to display the image
you probably may want to add VTK to this application.

    That is, use the combination {ITK+VTK+MFC}.

For an example on how to use VTK in an MFC window you
can look at:

     VTK/Examples/GUI/Win32/SampleMFC

In order to convert ITK images into vtkImageData
you can uses the files

   InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk/
                itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h
                itkImageToVTKImageFilter.txx

This is explained in the tutorial sessions

         http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular, session II

           "Getting Started with ITK and VTK"
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-II.pdf