[Insight-users] Setting up env variables and python installation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 31 13:01:51 EST 2004

Hi Nicolaus,

ITK_DIR and VTK_DIR are not environment variables.
They are only CMake variables. Meaning that when
you run CMake in order to configure a project that
uses ITK or VTK, it will ask you for the location
of the built or installed ITK and/or VTK.

If you installed them, then at the moment of configuring
your project with CMake you must point ITK_DIR to the
directory where you installed ITK, and you must point
VTK_DIR to the directory where you installed VTK.