[Insight-users] Using Neighborhood Iterator to convolve with arbitrary kernel

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Oct 16 13:14:18 EDT 2004

Hi Aaron,

Yes,
you can use the itk::NeighborhoodInnerProduct
class for implementing your convolution method.

You will find detailed explanation on how to use
this class in the ITK Software Guide.

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the Chapter by Josh Cates on Image Iterators.
This is Chapter 11, pdf-pages  481-520.

In particular you should look at section 11.4.1
in pdf-page 504.

The source code of the associated examples can
be found in the directory:

         Insight/Examples/Iterators

In particular, the InnerProduct class is
used in the following examples:

         NeighborhoodIterators2.cxx
         NeighborhoodIterators3.cxx
         NeighborhoodIterators4.cxx