[Insight-users] MultiResMIRegistration problem

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Apr 1 11:11:14 EST 2005

Hi Laurent,

You will find the files brainweb165a10f17 and brainweb1e5a10f17Rot10Tx15
in ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/BrainWeb/ in one of the tar
balls. You will also find examples for parameters for
MultiResMIREgistration in
./InsightApplications/MultiResMIRegistration/SampleInputs/PracPETToPD.txt
./InsightApplications/MultiResMIRegistration/SampleInputs/BrainWebT1toT2a.txt
./InsightApplications/MultiResMIRegistration/SampleInputs/BrainWebT1toT2b.txt
./InsightApplications/MultiResMIRegistration/SampleInputs/PracCTtoT1.txt

The application does not work for 2D images but it should be easy to
modify it to 2D. Unfortunately you will have to make changes in quite a
few places, since the dimension is hardcoded in several places, in the
translation scales etc. You will also need to change the transform, the
file parser etc.

Level: Number of levels of multi-resolution to use
Lines 6-7: Please take a look at the software Guide section on the
MultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter. The values set the starting shrink
factor for the pyramid. Subsequenly the pyramid is shrunk by a factor of
2 (along each dimension) till it gets to the top level.
Line 10: The translation scale sets the translation scale for the
optimizer. The rigid (quarternion) optimizer optimizes the 3 parameters
of the quaternion (rotation params) + 3 translation params. Since the
rotation and translation parameters have different degrees of influence,
the scale for the translation parameters is usually a lot smaller than
the ones for the rotation.

Thanks
regards
kk