[Insight-users] point cloud registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 1 09:35:17 EDT 2005

Hi Dennis,

I will be interested in seeing your counter examples that
indicate that non-homogeneous scaling combined with
rotation is not equivalent to shearing.

About the ScaleSkewVersor transform... if you dont want
skew to happen, then simply set the skew parameters to
zero...

Otherwise, plan B, is for you to take the source code
of the Similarity3DTransform or the ScaleSkewVersorTransform
and modify it to suit your needs.  If you do so, we will
be happy to include your new transform into the toolkit.
Writing a transform is not too difficult. You mainly have
to work on the "TransformPoint" method and the "GetJacobian"
method.

Please let us know if you need any assistance in writing
these new Transform class.