[Insight-users] Compilation problems with cygwin

Stéphane Wasserhardt stephane.wasserhardt at magellium.fr
Thu Aug 4 03:09:29 EDT 2005

Hello !!

I'm new to ITK and of course, I can't build it without problems :/
I'm using Windows XP Pro 2002 (SP2), on a P4 machine. I installed cygwin
(in order to have g++ and make) and cmake (2.0 patch 6). I had no problems
using cmake, and now I have the makefiles to compile ITK in an "ITK_build"
directory. But When I launch make in this directory, either from the windows
console or from the cygwin console, it keeps writing :

Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
etc. etc.

And it never stops (I let it run more than 1 hour). When I look at my
running processes, I see 2 "make" processes (the first stays alive, and the
seconds keeps being killed and re-openned), and one "cmake" process (also
killed and re-created each time).

Can someone help me please ??
Thanks in advance !

Stephane